TRAINING COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Training course dates
Please note bookings are limited to only 5 to 6 students per group. Bookings are open now for all courses.
All courses are held over a weekend. Some may include a Friday
TV Pro Global offers all graduates ongoing career guidance in their pursuit of work in this industry.
Melbourne: Intermediate & Advanced A - Saturday the 28th & Sunday the 29th of April 2018
Sydney: FREE 3 hour introductory TV Presenter workshop - 12th May
Sydney: Corporate 4 hour workshop "The power of video promotion" - Saturday the 19th & Sunday the 20th of May
Sydney: Intermediate & Advanced A - Saturday the 2nd & Sunday the 3rd of JuneStudent bursaries are available for our courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Costs vary depending on which level you apply for. See training workshops
Introductory 3 HOUR FREE workshop - TV Presenting
“Discover your potential” and work on TV doing what you love!
Producers need vets, fashionistas, health experts; landscape\rs, cooks etc to present specialty programs. Whether it’s a guest on a morning show or your own online blog, if you have the experience in your field of work, we will give you the tools to educate and motivate a TV audience. Let us train and promote you to the TV industry.
- Discovering more about the ‘workings’ of the TV industry
- Learning how to present from a script – the do’s and don’t’s
- Learning how to present without a script
- Introduction to the autocue (teleprompter)
- Learning how to close a program
- Discounted rates to for our Intermediate or advanced workshops. (Exclusive only to graduates of TV Pro Global’s beginner workshops)
Date: Sydney: Saturday the 12th of May 2018
Produce and present your own Youtube program/channel, called:
'YouTube' your passion
I have been asked to host this workshop for the past 2 years and finally we are launching it!
If you are a specialist/knowledgeable in a particular genre and passionate about getting your message out there to educate, inspire and entertain your viewer....then let us show you how to create your own program/channel and launch it on YouTube .
If you have an idea for a show, this is an effective and rewarding way to find and build your audience so you eventually pitch your idea to the channels just like Yvonne Brassington and other past students have done. This weekend workshop will take you step by step through the process.
- Arrive with your passion ONLY. If you have a program idea already - better still!
- Define your idea - your demographics - your objective
- Explore the many styles to present your idea including: on location presenting/interation with the public/demonstrating your product/studio interviews/ just talking to camera (PTC's) with weekly updates or advice etc (many more)
- Storyboard your idea ready to produce
- Discover how to find sponsors to finance your idea should you want to take it further.
Don’t just dream, or talk about it ….. do something about it! Bring your idea to life!
Dates 19th & 20th of April 2018 . Bookings limited to ONLY 5 students.
Intermediate weekend course – “Introduction to the professional TV industry”
To qualify for this course you will need to have good communication & writing skills; good confidence; (preferrable) training and/or media qualification
6 participants; Cost $695 Melbourne
Combo Course Intermediate & Advanced combined
This course gives you a lot of flexibilty and choice between the intermediate and advanced levels.
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or a diploma or degree qualification; (or) have experience in another field eg: finance/sport/architecture/health etc; be over 18yrs
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills.Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Melbourne: 28th & 29th of April 2018 - Intermediate & Advanced A
Sydney: 2nd & 3rd of June 2018 - Intermediate & Advanced A
Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
The techniques covered in the training are:
- Defining the best programs for you to present (full assessment)
- Skills to connect/engage with the viewer behind the lens
- Key-wording and adlibbing skills
- Personality development: Defining delivery/style; connecting with the content as well as the viewer. How to ‘drive’ content with personality
- Experimenting with delivery styles: defining program suitability
- Studio signals and studio expectations. Industry information
- Scripting & presenting approx. 5 types of programs per day eg: travel; fashion; lifestyle; red carpet; corporate; news etc (intermediate will do 2 programs per day)
- Formatting content for presenting Intros/closes/links/inserts (Advanced)
- Audition skills and a variety of mock auditions
- Co-presenting. Learning to interact/present with another presenter (Advanced)
- Interviewing skills. Balancing your content/listening skills (Optional)
- The ‘do’s and don’ts’ when reading an autocue. (Autocue available)
- Time-span awareness. Scripting & delivery to camera with time signals. (Advanced )
- Working with producer’s instructions & direction
- Dealing with performance anxiety & redirecting nervous energy
- Broadcast vocal techniques including ‘shading’ vocal delivery
- Learning how to move/walk while talking to camera
- Learning how to prepare & dress for your audition
- Formats for specialty presenting eg news; sport; finance; weather (Advanced)
- Ideas and concepts to write your own TV Program (optional)
- Information about acquiring an appropriate agent
- Information and tips regarding “what producers look for”
- Defining your strengths/versatility for show reels & auditions
- Information about producing a show reel (Advanced)
- Eligibility to join the only on-line casting service for new Presenters in Australia exclusive to TV Pro Graduates & professional presenters (Advanced)
- We design, shoot and edit personalized showreels for those completing the Advanced level
Advanced A weekend course – “Versatility brings opportunity”
Industry recognised TV Presenter certificate course
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or some journalistic/communication qualification; (or) have experience in another field; be over 18yrs
As we cast for all programs, we encourage specialtists from business and other professional arenas to apply for this course, as producers are always looking for "specialty" presenters . Eg: animal and home improvement programs to finance, health and sports programs etc. You will need the experience to present these types of programs!
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills.
Dates:Sydney: 2nd & 3rd of June 2018 - Advanced A (Intermediate may apply as we train on 2 levels) Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Includes: The above 'Combo' skills, plus:
Wendy Kingston - Trained with TV Pro Global
After you have completed this weekend certificate course you will have acquired a competitive style in front of camera and be ready for the audition process. You will be eligible for TV Pro Global's casting service exclusive only to TV Pro Global's graduates. You will also be given producer's/production co's contact numbers and taught how to 'self-promote'. There are many opportunities for new presenters at the moment with the increase of programs on pay TV and a growing demand of Presenters for online programs, web hosting and developing and presenting ‘your own’ YouTube channel/program . See ‘casting’ for more details on our casting website.
Your portfolio- showreel
Most of our Intermediate/Advanced A students have a showreel produced by our production department. See ‘showreels’ for more information on how to have one designed and produced.
Corporate - media presentation workshop:
The Power of video promotions
Present your own promos & web videos
Also: pitch & product videos; training videos & interviews
4 hour workshop – Saturday 19th of May
Time 9.00 – 1.00pm
- Learn how to format & present all of the above.
- Camera delivery skills + build confidence
- Be interviewed – learn to give succinct answers
- Learn how to pitch – present live or to camera
- Numbers limited to only 8 participants
- Cost $299 (Normally $550)
firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries
Trainer: Director Sharon Lynne – 0416026760 / 029807-2102
Hard-line News reporting - 3 day workshop
News –Sport – Finance
Requirements: Must have a journalism or media communisations degree, sports journalism, or grad. diploma/journo/sports/media
Includes: researching; scripting; PTC’s; reporting; commentary, news package, interviews; teleprompter - anchor news (News/sports/finance)
This course is ideal for the journalist, finance or sports graduate who requires more camera technique and on-air content delivery experience prior to going for castings or applying for an internship. It will prepare a hard-line news/sports/finance portfolio for entrance into the news arena. Please note the price of a portfolio or showreel is separate to the workshop price.
Dates: To be confirmed
Student bursaries available- conditions apply
You will have the option of producing a News/Sports or Finance specialty reel which includes:
Choose a genre/s: News & Current affairs; sports or finance
- A news package (story)
- A news report (OB)
- An interview
- A studio news read/anchor
- Snow report
- Investigative piece
- Current Affairs
Price varies according to content and production.
Advanced B course (6 days- part of which you will be filming with trainer/Director)
Provided: all sound equipment; broadcast camera for final shoot; editing suite; green screen studio; directer; producer; editor; transport
To qualify you will need to have some experience presenting, producing or have completed our Advanced A TV Presenter certificate course or equivalent from another training institution.
Cost: $2650 without edit; $2995 with edit
Only 4 participants
***(All footage is the property of talent)
Please note that editing your program is not included in cost as each student is free to either edit their own program or pay a (reasonable!) separate fee to have it edited by TV Pro Global
Private lessons are available on request : Costs vary. Please request a quote
On-line brush-up sessions prior to an audition are available on request : $45 per session
PROACTIVE PRESENTER WORKSHOP
BRUSH-UPS, CASTINGS, & CONTACTS FOR PROACTIVE PRESENTERS
TV Pro Global has just introduced a new one-day workshop called the Proactive Presenter Workshop
This workshop is packed with industry tips, sharing of contacts and ideas for castings ….
…and a chance to cast for 2 production companies
- Meet & greet with other industry presenters (graduates) working in the industry
- Hear stories about some casting experiences (negative and positive)
- Tips and contacts shared amongst participants of the workshop
- A revised ‘plan of action’ to promote yourself in the new year
- A good work-out in front of the camera with feedback, direction and a few challenges!
- Cast for at least 2 major production companies
- Refreshments/snacks & a glass (or 2!) of wine
Those people who are eligible for this workshop are:
- TV Pro Global graduates who have worked in the Professional industry at least once!
- TV Pro graduates who have contract work in the biz but feel like a brush up and catch up!
- TV Pro graduates who have/are presenting on Community TV or similar
- TV Pro graduates who have moved into production and want to get in front of the camera again
- TV Pro graduates who have been to at least 2 castings and had a call back.
- TV Presenters currently on air in a TV presenting role
- TV Presenters returning to the TV industry after a break
- Producer/presenters looking for a brush-up short course
Dates:Sydney: 2018 dates to be confirmed - Proactive presenters 1 day Workshop - ONLY FOR PEOPLE ALREADY IN THE INDUSTRY. THIS WORKSHOP IS TOWIDEN YOUR CONTACT BASE AND PROMOTE YOURSELF FURTHER IN THE INDUSTRY.
- Venue: Hotel Urban St Leonards Sydney
Cost: $650 – email email@example.com to make a booking
Application for WEEKEND training courses: http://www.tvproglobal.com/application.html
To apply for any of the above courses please email complete an on-line application or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
To ascertain your suitability and to retain a high standard within the classes, it is necessary to please complete the questionnaire/application form for evaluation. You will be notified of your acceptance by email (please include your email details.)
Regarding the intermediate & advanced certificate courses:
It is important that you give us as much information regarding your experience, past training, interests and talents as each student receives a personally designed training program.