TRAINING COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Training course dates:
See details of courses below - scroll down
Please note bookings are limited to only 5 to 6 students per group. Bookings are open now for all courses.
All courses are held over a weekend. Some may include a Friday
TV Pro Global offers all graduates ongoing career guidance and mentoring in their pursuit of placement for their graduates.
Melbourne: COMBO (Intermediate and/or Advanced A) - Sat the 14th & Sun the 15th of September 2019. Only 4 enrolments
Sydney: Advanced A - Saturday the 31st of August & Sunday the 1st of September 2019 - Only 5 enrolments
Sydney: **Proactive Presenters course- Saturday the 21st of September 2019 . Promote yourself further up the ladder with contacts & connections
+ social media promotional strategy to widen your base of followers.
- Sydney: "Become an online presenter" workshop - weekend 12th & 13th of October 2019 Learn to present , shoot and produce all of your online/social media material & upload to websites & social media platforms. Includes social media guru to help you promote your brand/idea or story
**Requirements for Proactive course: must have worked once (minimum) as a TV or radio presenter or producerStudent bursaries are available for our courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Costs vary depending on which level you apply for. See training workshops
“Discover your potential” and let us help you find work as a TV Presenter in Mainstream or on-line TV.
Producers need vets, fashionistas, health experts; landscape\rs, cooks etc to present specialty programs. Whether it’s a guest on a morning show or your own online blog, if you have the experience in your field of work, we will give you the tools to educate and motivate a TV audience. Let us train and promote you to the TV industry.
- Discovering more about the ‘workings’ of the TV industry
- Learning how to present from a script – the do’s and don’t’s
- Learning how to present without a script
- Introduction to the autocue (teleprompter)
- Learning how to close a program
- Industry guest speaker ( Trained and placed by TV Pro Global)
- Discounted rates to for our Intermediate or advanced workshops. (Exclusive only to graduates of TV Pro Global’s beginner workshops)
Date: To be confirmed
Price: COURSE FREE
If you want to take home your recorded work on an SD card you may purchase this for $40.
Produce and present your own Youtube program/channel, called:
'YouTube' your passion
I have been asked to host this workshop for the past 2 years and finally we are launching it!
If you are a specialist/knowledgeable in a particular genre and passionate about getting your message out there to educate, inspire and entertain your viewer....then let us show you how to create your own program/channel and launch it on YouTube .
If you have an idea for a show, this is an effective and rewarding way to find and build your audience so you eventually pitch your idea to the channels just like Yvonne Brassington and other past students have done. This weekend workshop will take you step by step through the process.
- Arrive with your passion ONLY. If you have a program idea already - better still!
- Define your idea - your demographics - your objective
- Explore the many styles to present your idea including: on location presenting/interaction with the public/demonstrating your product/studio interviews/ just talking to camera (PTC's) with weekly updates or advice etc (many more)
- Storyboard your idea ready to produce
- Discover how to find sponsors to finance your idea should you want to take it further. Price: $895
Date: TBC 2019
Don’t just dream, or talk about it ….. do something about it! Bring your idea to life!
Dates To be confirmed . Bookings limited to ONLY 6 students.
Intermediate weekend course – “Introduction to the professional TV industry”
To qualify for this course you will need to have excellent communication & writing skills; good confidence; (preferrable) training and/or media qualification
6 participants; Cost $895 Melbourne
(Intermediate & Advanced combined)
This course gives you maximum flexibility and a platform to develop your casting skills for placement in the industry
We welcome applicants with a specialty eg: finance, environment; architecture; sort; fashion; sales; real estate; journalism etc
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or a diploma or degree qualification; (or) have experience in another field eg: finance/sport/architecture/health etc; be over 18yrs
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills.Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 4 weeks prior to course
Melbourne: 14th & 15th of Sept 2019 - Intermediate &/or Advanced A
The techniques covered in the training are:
- Defining the best programs for you to present (full assessment)
- Skills to connect/engage with the viewer behind the lens
- Key-wording and adlibbing skills
- Personality development: Defining delivery/style; connecting with the content as well as the viewer. How to ‘drive’ content with personality
- Experimenting with delivery styles: defining program suitability
- Studio signals and studio expectations. Industry information
- Scripting & presenting approx. 5 types of programs per day eg: travel; fashion; lifestyle; red carpet; corporate; news etc (intermediate will do 2 programs per day)
- Formatting content for presenting Intros/closes/links/inserts (Advanced)
- Audition skills and a variety of mock auditions
- Co-presenting. Learning to interact/present with another presenter (Advanced)
- Interviewing skills. Balancing your content/listening skills (Optional)
- The ‘do’s and don’ts’ when reading an autocue. (Autocue available)
- Time-span awareness. Scripting & delivery to camera with time signals. (Advanced )
- Working with producer’s instructions & direction
- Dealing with performance anxiety & redirecting nervous energy
- Broadcast vocal techniques including ‘shading’ vocal delivery
- Learning how to move/walk while talking to camera
- Learning how to prepare & dress for your audition
- Formats for specialty presenting eg news; sport; finance; weather (Advanced)
- Ideas and concepts to write your own TV Program (optional)
- Information about acquiring an appropriate agent
- Information and tips regarding “what producers look for”
- Defining your strengths/versatility for show reels & auditions
- Information about producing a show reel (Advanced)
- Information on how to promote yourself as a presenter on social media and attract the attention of producers
- Eligibility to join the only on-line casting service for new Presenters in Australia exclusive to TV Pro Graduates & professional presenters (Advanced)
- We design, shoot and edit personalized showreels for those completing the Advanced level
Advanced A weekend course – “Versatility brings opportunity”
Industry recognised TV Presenter certificate course
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or some journalistic/communication qualification; (or) have experience in another field; be over 18yrs
As we cast for all programs, we encourage business specialtists and other professional/career arenas to apply for this course. Producers are always looking for "specialty" presenters . Eg: animal and home improvement programs to finance, health and sports programs etc. You will need experience and knowledge in your area of expertise to present these types of programs!
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills and a clear vocal delivery.
Dates: weekend: 31st August & 1st of SeptemberStudent bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 4 weeks prior to course
Includes: The above 'Combo' skills, plus:
Wendy Kingston - Trained with TV Pro Global
After you have completed this weekend certificate course you will have acquired a competitive style in front of camera and be ready for the audition process. You will be eligible for TV Pro Global's casting service exclusive only to TV Pro Global's graduates. You will also be given producer's/production co's contact numbers and taught how to 'self-promote'. There are many opportunities for new presenters at the moment with the increase of programs on pay TV and a growing demand of Presenters for online programs, web hosting and developing and presenting ‘your own’ YouTube channel/program . See ‘casting’ for more details on our casting website.
Your portfolio- showreel
Most of our Intermediate/Advanced A students have a showreel produced by our production department. See ‘showreels’ for more information on how to have one designed and produced.
Become an on-line Presenter
The power of video promotions
Present your own promos & web videos
Promote your brand on-line
Also: Learn to pitch product videos; Present training videos
13th & 14th of October 2019
Time 9.00 – 5.00pm both days
Trainer Sharon Lynne & social media guru - guest trainer
- Learn how to write, format & present your information to camera
- Camera delivery skills to build confidence & connect with your viewer
- Learn how to give succinct answers when being interviewed
- Learn how to record yourself presenting to camera
- Present a 30 second promo of your brand/service/product to camera for upload
- Learn how to edit your segments and upload to social media
- Learn how to pitch your product, story, service or/& brand on social media
firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries
Director Sharon Lynne – 0416026760
Hard-line News reporting - 3 day workshop
News –Sport – Finance
Requirements: Must have a journalism or media communisations degree, sports journalism, or grad. diploma/journo/sports/media
Includes: researching; scripting; PTC’s; reporting; commentary, news package, interviews; teleprompter - anchor news (News/sports/finance)
This course is ideal for the journalist, finance or sports graduate who requires more camera technique and on-air content delivery experience prior to going for castings or applying for an internship. It will prepare a hard-line news/sports/finance portfolio for entrance into the news arena. Please note the price of a portfolio or showreel is separate to the workshop price.
Dates: 2019 TBC
Student bursaries available- conditions apply
You will have the option of producing a News/Sports or Finance specialty reel which includes:
Choose a genre/s: News & Current affairs; sports or finance
- A news package (story)
- A news report (OB)
- An interview
- A studio news read/anchor
- Snow report
- Investigative piece
- Current Affairs
Price varies according to content and production. The showreel is not included in the price of the course.
Advanced B course (6 days- part of which you will be filming with trainer/producer/director)
Provided: all sound equipment; broadcast camera for final shoot; editing suite; green screen studio; directer; producer; editor; transport
To qualify you will need to have some experience presenting, producing or have completed our Advanced A TV Presenter certificate course or equivalent from another training institution.
Cost: $2650 without edit; $2995 with edit
Only 4 participants
***(All footage is the property of talent)
Please note that editing your program is not included in cost as each student is free to either edit their own program or pay a (reasonable!) separate fee to have it edited by TV Pro Global
Private lessons are available on request : Costs vary. Please request a quote
On-line brush-up sessions prior to an audition are available on request : $45 per session
Private mentoring is available at $65 per hour
Proactive Presenter’s workshop
Saturday the 21st of September 2019
Castings - Contacts –Connections + Social media branding
Welcome to TV Pro Global’s new workshop for proactive presenters. (Sydney)
This course was developed to give talent a further opportunity to:
- Receive new industry contacts and connections
- Launch you own social media marketing platform
- Stay in touch with what is happening in the industry
- Enjoy a challenging ‘brush-up’ delivering a variety of mock auditions
- Swop contacts and connections with others in the industry
- Develop a plan of action to help promote you further ‘up the industry ladder’
- Information on how to use social media to increase your followers, which will attract producers
- Industry guest - speaks about industry opportunities
Changes in the industry
Over the past 2 years, the TV Industry has changed rapidly with the introduction of on-line TV and social media platforms which has opened up many more opportunities for the new presenter as well as the entrepreneurial presenter.
Tapping into the on-line market requires skill, strategy and connections and this new digital medium is gaining in popularity so rapidly that mainstream channels have no option but to now cater to this ever popular ‘cyber option’.
So a person like yourself who is keen to move further into this industry, should also keep an open mind to either seeking work in online TV programs/channels or producing one yourself!
As well it is now necessary to learn how to promote yourself on various social media platforms and not only rely on an agent's or manager's input and connections.
Many of our presenters are also working in mainstream TV and we would love you to hear how they got there. You will meet some of them.
Our Proactive Presenter workshop will get you motivated to want to try every avenue to further your career as a TV Presenter. Every person in that class will contribute ‘what they have already experienced’ … and will also share their contacts and strategies with you (and vice versa). You will also leave with a networking group to refer back to and a defined plan of action that you will be able to put into practice to maximize your chances of finding more opportunities in the TV industry.
To apply please email email@example.com
Or call 0416026760
More information can be found on our website
Application for WEEKEND training courses: Questionnaire_and_Application_2.doc
To apply for any of the above courses please email complete an on-line application or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
To ascertain your suitability and to retain a high standard within the classes, it is necessary to please complete the questionnaire/application form for evaluation. You will be notified of your acceptance by email (please include your email details.)
Regarding the intermediate & advanced certificate courses:
It is important that you give us as much information regarding your experience, past training, interests and talents as each student receives a personally designed training program.