TRAINING COURSES & WORKSHOPS
Training course dates
Please note bookings are limited to only 5 to 6 students per group. Bookings are open now for all courses.
All courses are held over a weekend. Some may include a Friday
TV Pro Global offers all graduates ongoing career guidance and mentoring in their pursuit of work in this industry.
Sydney: Advanced A - Saturday the 27th & Sunday the 28th of October 2018
Sydney: FREE - Introductory workshop the 3rd of November (9.30am - 12.30 pm)
This is an assessment workshop to determine your potential as a presenter and to find out more about the TV broadcasting/presenting industry. Please see training page for more details
Melbourne: COMBO (Intermediate and/or Advanced A) - Saturday the 10th & Sunday the 11th of November 2018
Sydney: The Media Presenter workshop - Saturday the 17th & Sunday the 18th of November 2018Student bursaries are available for our courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Costs vary depending on which level you apply for. See training workshops
Introductory 3 HOUR FREE workshop - TV Presenting
“Discover your potential” and let us help you find work as a TV Presenter in Mainstream or on-line TV.
Producers need vets, fashionistas, health experts; landscape\rs, cooks etc to present specialty programs. Whether it’s a guest on a morning show or your own online blog, if you have the experience in your field of work, we will give you the tools to educate and motivate a TV audience. Let us train and promote you to the TV industry.
- Discovering more about the ‘workings’ of the TV industry
- Learning how to present from a script – the do’s and don’t’s
- Learning how to present without a script
- Introduction to the autocue (teleprompter)
- Learning how to close a program
- Industry guest speaker ( Trained and placed by TV Pro Global)
- Discounted rates to for our Intermediate or advanced workshops. (Exclusive only to graduates of TV Pro Global’s beginner workshops)
Date: Sydney: Saturday the 3rd of November 2018 (9.30am - 12.30 pm)
Produce and present your own Youtube program/channel, called:
'YouTube' your passion
I have been asked to host this workshop for the past 2 years and finally we are launching it!
If you are a specialist/knowledgeable in a particular genre and passionate about getting your message out there to educate, inspire and entertain your viewer....then let us show you how to create your own program/channel and launch it on YouTube .
If you have an idea for a show, this is an effective and rewarding way to find and build your audience so you eventually pitch your idea to the channels just like Yvonne Brassington and other past students have done. This weekend workshop will take you step by step through the process.
- Arrive with your passion ONLY. If you have a program idea already - better still!
- Define your idea - your demographics - your objective
- Explore the many styles to present your idea including: on location presenting/interaction with the public/demonstrating your product/studio interviews/ just talking to camera (PTC's) with weekly updates or advice etc (many more)
- Storyboard your idea ready to produce
- Discover how to find sponsors to finance your idea should you want to take it further.
Don’t just dream, or talk about it ….. do something about it! Bring your idea to life!
Dates To be confirmed . Bookings limited to ONLY 6 students.
Intermediate weekend course – “Introduction to the professional TV industry”
To qualify for this course you will need to have good communication & writing skills; good confidence; (preferrable) training and/or media qualification
6 participants; Cost $695 Melbourne
Combo Course Intermediate & Advanced combined
This course gived you maximum flexibility and a platform to develop your casting skills for placement in the industry
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or a diploma or degree qualification; (or) have experience in another field eg: finance/sport/architecture/health etc; be over 18yrs
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills.Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Melbourne: 10th & 11th of November 2018 - Intermediate & Advanced A
Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
The techniques covered in the training are:
- Defining the best programs for you to present (full assessment)
- Skills to connect/engage with the viewer behind the lens
- Key-wording and adlibbing skills
- Personality development: Defining delivery/style; connecting with the content as well as the viewer. How to ‘drive’ content with personality
- Experimenting with delivery styles: defining program suitability
- Studio signals and studio expectations. Industry information
- Scripting & presenting approx. 5 types of programs per day eg: travel; fashion; lifestyle; red carpet; corporate; news etc (intermediate will do 2 programs per day)
- Formatting content for presenting Intros/closes/links/inserts (Advanced)
- Audition skills and a variety of mock auditions
- Co-presenting. Learning to interact/present with another presenter (Advanced)
- Interviewing skills. Balancing your content/listening skills (Optional)
- The ‘do’s and don’ts’ when reading an autocue. (Autocue available)
- Time-span awareness. Scripting & delivery to camera with time signals. (Advanced )
- Working with producer’s instructions & direction
- Dealing with performance anxiety & redirecting nervous energy
- Broadcast vocal techniques including ‘shading’ vocal delivery
- Learning how to move/walk while talking to camera
- Learning how to prepare & dress for your audition
- Formats for specialty presenting eg news; sport; finance; weather (Advanced)
- Ideas and concepts to write your own TV Program (optional)
- Information about acquiring an appropriate agent
- Information and tips regarding “what producers look for”
- Defining your strengths/versatility for show reels & auditions
- Information about producing a show reel (Advanced)
- Eligibility to join the only on-line casting service for new Presenters in Australia exclusive to TV Pro Graduates & professional presenters (Advanced)
- We design, shoot and edit personalized showreels for those completing the Advanced level
Advanced A weekend course – “Versatility brings opportunity”
Industry recognised TV Presenter certificate course
To qualify for entrance into this course you will need to have excellent communication skills and/or some journalistic/communication qualification; (or) have experience in another field; be over 18yrs
As we cast for all programs, we encourage business specialtists and other professional/career arenas to apply for this course. Producers are always looking for "specialty" presenters . Eg: animal and home improvement programs to finance, health and sports programs etc. You will need experience and knowledge in your area of expertise to present these types of programs!
Please note: Journalism is required for news and current affairs. If you would like to train for lifestyle, infotainment, kids etc journalism is not necessarily required. You will however need excellent communication skills.
Dates:Sydney: 27th and 28th of October 2018 - Advanced A Student bursaries are available for our combo courses; conditions apply
We offer an early bird fee if paid in full 5 weeks prior to course
Includes: The above 'Combo' skills, plus:
Wendy Kingston - Trained with TV Pro Global
After you have completed this weekend certificate course you will have acquired a competitive style in front of camera and be ready for the audition process. You will be eligible for TV Pro Global's casting service exclusive only to TV Pro Global's graduates. You will also be given producer's/production co's contact numbers and taught how to 'self-promote'. There are many opportunities for new presenters at the moment with the increase of programs on pay TV and a growing demand of Presenters for online programs, web hosting and developing and presenting ‘your own’ YouTube channel/program . See ‘casting’ for more details on our casting website.
Your portfolio- showreel
Most of our Intermediate/Advanced A students have a showreel produced by our production department. See ‘showreels’ for more information on how to have one designed and produced.
On-line Presenting workshop:
The power of presenting to video
Present your own promos & web videos
Promote your brand on-line
Also: Learn to pitch product videos; Present training videos
1 day workshop - 17th of November
Time 9.00 – 5.00pm
Trainer Sharon Lynne
- Learn how to write, format & present to camera
- Camera delivery skills to build confidence & connect with your viewer
- Learn how to give succinct answers when being interviewed
- learn how to conduct an excellent interview
- Learn how to pitch your product or service/brand to camera
- Present a 30 second promo of your brand/service/product to camera for upload
firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquiries
Director Sharon Lynne – 0416026760
Hard-line News reporting - 3 day workshop
News –Sport – Finance
Requirements: Must have a journalism or media communisations degree, sports journalism, or grad. diploma/journo/sports/media
Includes: researching; scripting; PTC’s; reporting; commentary, news package, interviews; teleprompter - anchor news (News/sports/finance)
This course is ideal for the journalist, finance or sports graduate who requires more camera technique and on-air content delivery experience prior to going for castings or applying for an internship. It will prepare a hard-line news/sports/finance portfolio for entrance into the news arena. Please note the price of a portfolio or showreel is separate to the workshop price.
Dates: 5th, 6th, 7th of October 2018
Student bursaries available- conditions apply
You will have the option of producing a News/Sports or Finance specialty reel which includes:
Choose a genre/s: News & Current affairs; sports or finance
- A news package (story)
- A news report (OB)
- An interview
- A studio news read/anchor
- Snow report
- Investigative piece
- Current Affairs
Price varies according to content and production.
Advanced B course (6 days- part of which you will be filming with trainer/Director)
Provided: all sound equipment; broadcast camera for final shoot; editing suite; green screen studio; directer; producer; editor; transport
To qualify you will need to have some experience presenting, producing or have completed our Advanced A TV Presenter certificate course or equivalent from another training institution.
Cost: $2650 without edit; $2995 with edit
Only 4 participants
***(All footage is the property of talent)
Please note that editing your program is not included in cost as each student is free to either edit their own program or pay a (reasonable!) separate fee to have it edited by TV Pro Global
Private lessons are available on request : Costs vary. Please request a quote
On-line brush-up sessions prior to an audition are available on request : $45 per session
Proactive Presenter’s workshop
Saturday the 20th October 2018
Castings - Contacts –Connections
Welcome to TV Pro Global’s new workshop for proactive presenters. (Sydney)
This course was developed to give talent a further opportunity to:
- Receive new industry contacts and connections
- Launch you own social media marketing platform
- Stay in touch with what is happening in the industry
- Enjoy a challenging ‘brush-up’ delivering a variety of mock auditions
- Swop contacts and connections with others in the industry
- Develop a plan of action to help promote you further ‘up the industry ladder’
- Industry guest - speaks about industry opportunities
Changes in the industry
Over the past 2 years, the TV Industry has changed rapidly with the introduction of on-line TV and social media platforms which has opened up many more opportunities for the new presenter as well as the entrepreneurial presenter.
Tapping into the on-line market requires skill, strategy and connections and this new digital medium is gaining in popularity so rapidly that mainstream channels have no option but to now cater to this ever popular ‘cyber option’.
So a person like yourself who is keen to move further into this industry, should also keep an open mind to either seeking work in online TV programs/channels or producing one yourself!
As well, many of our presenters are also working in mainstream TV and we would love you to hear how they got there. You will meet some of them.
Our Proactive Presenter workshop will get you motivated to want to try every avenue to further your career as a TV Presenter. Every person in that class will contribute ‘what they have already experienced’ … and will also share their contacts with you (and vice versa). You will also leave with a defined strategy and a networking plan of action that you will be able to put into practice to maximize your chances of finding more opportunities in the TV industry.
To apply please email email@example.com
Or call 0416026760
More information can be found on our website
Application for WEEKEND training courses: Questionnaire_and_Application_2.doc
To apply for any of the above courses please email complete an on-line application or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
To ascertain your suitability and to retain a high standard within the classes, it is necessary to please complete the questionnaire/application form for evaluation. You will be notified of your acceptance by email (please include your email details.)
Regarding the intermediate & advanced certificate courses:
It is important that you give us as much information regarding your experience, past training, interests and talents as each student receives a personally designed training program.