TRAVEL BLOGGING WORKSHOP - BALI
Dates: 5th to 9th of August 2023 (out on the 10th)
Course: Travel blogging – Bali
Prior to leaving: 1.5 days training, planning, reseaching + information etc
Travel: 5 nights 4 blissful days
- A four hour group zoom session to discuss content + logistics + research, prior to travel. Deciding on blogging locations and help with scripting.
- One full day of group training in Sydney (live or zoom - optional) prior to travel, to prepare scripts (ideas and activities). More about shooting, lighting and editing + To start preparing/designing blog. Eg: https://www.squarespace.com/templates/browse/topic/media-podcasts/type/blog
- Accommodation in Bali: you may share with one other person, or if we can secure a good rate, you will have your own garden view villa (requests accepted)
Breakfast is included plus 1 extra meal per day. You will need to pay for the third meal and snacks.
- Your own driver allocated for one day to explore and vlog. A driver for the group is allocated for 2 days
- 3 adventure excursions. Two with the group + One on your own.
- Excursion examples:
- A drone is available to shoot your wide angles, scenic views etc
- Individual/group training sessions are held each night to blog and edit
- One x 2 hour zoom sessions after returning to help launch your travel blog
**Road trip back to Denpasar is covered if you depart on the evening of the 9th or morning of the 10th of August 2023.
Feel free to extend your trip at your own cost.
Cost: $2650 + gst
This price does not include airfares. See below **
Deposit to secure your place in a group of 5: $300
Balance for course: $ 2,350 (+gst)
We will try to secure discounted or group rates for flights.
Or you may purchase your own with your points etc
Preferred airline if you fly with us: Virgin
Balance due: 8 weeks prior to departure (5th of June)
Or ask for our 4–5-month instalment plan.
- Airfares (additional price/please inquire)
- Travel insurance
- Indonesian visa on arrival - approx: $50 AUD/$35 USD
- Travel to the airport from your home base
- Spending money 😊
There are only 5 places available. Cond. apply
Please note: It would be advisable to do a short travel journo course prior to doing this vlogging course to learn the ins and outs of travel blogging for an income. We recommend the Morris Journalism Academy.
TRAVEL BLOGGING WORKSHOP APPLICATION
Website: (if applicable)
Social media links:
LinkedIn; Facebook; Instagram; YouTube; Twitter etc
1. Do you presently have a YouTube channel and/or blog; or video on your website?
Please supply URL’s/links etc:
2. Where have you travelled in the past 5 years?
3. Are you confident presenting to camera/mobile phone?
4. Have you completed a TV presenter course? If so, where?
5. What angle do you want to focus on for your travel blog?
eg: sales; lifestyle; health; entertainment etc
6. Would you want your travel blog to educate; inspire; motivate; entertain; sell… or a combination of all or some?
Don’t worry if you don’t know yet
7. What is the age demographic of your audience?
8. Have you ever been a social media influencer or professional blogger? Explain + add links
9. Do you have experience in any form of video production? Explain
10. Do you have access to a camera or phone with video component? Explain
11. Will you have access to a video editing program on your laptop or phone?
12. Do you have any medical condition that may limit your physical activity. Eg, cycling; water rafting; bungee-jumping; swimming etc
13. What would you like to achieve from this workshop?
14. Which course are you applying for? (Mention dates and country)